Estate Planning Lawyer In Fort Lauderdale Florida, with 30+ Years Serving Dade Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
Norliza Batts has lived and worked in Fort Lauderdale, Florida since 1964.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar
- Admitted to the Washington DC Bar
- Board of Directors of the BACDL from 1988 to 1995, current member.
- Member of Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 1988- present.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 1988-1995.
- Admitted to the Southern and Middle District of Florida 1987.
- Sole Practitioner since 1986.
- Taught Paralegal classes at Sharon Williams 1987 – 1988.
- Taught Street Law Project 1983.
- Intern in the Broward County Public Defenders Office 1981 – 1983.
- Broward County Lawyers Care Program – Pro Bono 1988 – present
Norliza has written memorandums of law and presented oral arguments to the Florida Supreme Court and to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, involving the following cases;
- State vs. Scates, 603 So 2d 504 (1992), 585 So 2d 385 (4th DCA 1991), 77 Ed. Law Rep 596, minimum mandatory sentencing to allow for downward departure for possession of narcotics within 1000 feet of a school.
- State vs. Driggers, 538 So 2d 515 (4th DCA 1989), search and seizure issues referencing train stop and profile issues.
- State vs. Johnson, 549 So 2d 1215 (4th DCA 1989), search and seizure issues referencing bus stop and profile issues, scope of consent.
- State vs. Ortiz, 654 So 2d 1002 (4th DCA 1995), entrapment and telephone consent issues and conspiracy.
- Green vs. Green, 576 So 2d 1384 (4th DCA 1991), child custody and child visitation issues.
- US vs. Pedro McGregor, 31 F.3rd 1067 (11th Cir. 1994), search and seizure, entry into a home without a warrant.
- US vs. Charles Clyde King, federal sentencing guideline issues of prior withheld adjudication of conviction in state case.
- BCAS vs. Graves Museum, (4th DCA 2001), issues involving By-Laws, voting rights, and election laws of 501(c)(3) corporations.
- Reynolds vs. Reynolds, (4th DCA 2000), issues involving pension evaluation in a divorce.
- Diaz vs. Diaz, (4th DCA 2007), issues involving evaluation of survivor benefits in a divorce.
- Nova Southeastern, JD
- Florida State University, BA, Sociology and Criminology
- Travel, Fencing, Yoga, Opera, Golf, Tango, Texas Hold’Em Poker Events.
Pro Bono / Charitable Activities:
- General Counsel – Palm Beach Museum of Natural History.
- General Counsel – Gold Coast Archeology Society.
- Support and Contributor to Bryant Peney Scholarship Foundation – Annual Texas Hold’Em Poker Event.
- Support and contributor to Peter Westbroke Fencing Foundation.